Cucumber Mango Salad
Adapted from Pondicheri's Anita Jaisinghani
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Mangoes. A great addition to any salad.
Put this on top of greens to bulk up any salad or mix into grains to make a fresh, sweet, and spicy salad.
1 large cucumber
2 celery stalks (or long beans)
1 mango, chopped
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
1/4 cup raw pepitas
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
1 T dijon mustard
Juice 1/2 lemon
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup basil, ribboned
- Cut cucumber lengthwise and then into half moons, cut celery lengthwise and then into half moods, and peel and chop the mango into cubes. Combine in large bowl.
- Add roasted peanuts and pepitas, set aside.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan until very hot, but not yet smoking. Add 1 mustard seed at a time, if it pops, it’s ready.
- Add the rest of the mustard seeds, almost immediately turn off heat. The seeds will pop and sizzle, pour over salad.
- Stir in dijon and lemon juice. Garnish with basil.