You have what it takes
Happy 2017 everyone! 2016 was a great year.
A challenging year, but a great one.
I won't bore you with the gruesome details, but a couple of the highlights are....
- Ran my first Boston Marathon
- Got certified as a Holistic Health Coach and Yoga Teacher
- Started a volunteer yoga program at Santa Maria Hostel in Houston
- Worked with trend-setting clients ;) You know who you are!
- Fell in love <3
- Taught my first cooking class... and then my second! *Many more to come!
- Spent time with my family
- Hosted my first workshop with High School Girls! *Also more to come!
- Ate amazing food
- And traveled a bunch within the US.
Overall, I look back and say wow.
*Actually, I say DAMN (pronounced DAY-UM), but wow sounds more zen or something.
Looking into 2017, I feel even more prepared to take on one of my biggest challenges to date: starting a business.
"People do it all the time. It's really not a big deal."
How many times have you said this to yourself about something that you are up to?
This type of talk, I have found, seriously eats at my motivation.
Well, if I am having a hard time now, and people do it all the time, then I should be doing it right now! It should be easier. Maybe this means I am not meant for this. I should stop.
With 2017 coming up, I set goals that are really taking me outside of my comfort zone. If you care to take a peek, I am willing to share :)
One thing that could seriously derail all of these goals is if I allow my brain to get carried away with this comparison and negative self talk.
If you are trying to lose weight, run your first half, repair your relationship, find a new career, or just be 10% happier, I want you to own that it is a big deal.
And say to yourself...
I have what it takes.
This is my 2017 mantra and I hope that you will adopt it with me.
Because the only way for it to be true is if you say it and believe it.
Tell me your goals. And if you need any motivation or planning around making them happen, I'm your gal. Go to cc-wellness.com and fill out the contact box :)